Calf Stretcher Exercises | SoleHealers
The calf muscle is the large muscle located on the back of your leg, below the knee. The tendon that connects the calf muscle to the heel bone is known as the Achilles tendon.
When calf muscles become tight, the risk of muscle or Achilles tendon tears and injury increases. Tightness in your calf muscles may also lead to plantar fasciitis and other foot and ankle problems.
Try these two calf stretches:
- *Face a wall and stand twelve inches away from it.
- *Extend one leg behind you, keeping both feet flat on the floor and your rear knee straight.
- *Lean toward the wall until you feel tension in your calf muscle of the extended leg. You can put your arms on the wall for support.
- *Hold for ten seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
- *Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you.
- *Lean forward and grab the arches of your feet.
- *Pull your toes toward your body until a stretch is felt in your calf muscles
- *Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
SoleHealers™ is an innovative foot stretching and massaging product that’s great for runners and anyone who works out. SoleHealers™ is a calf stretcher, hamstring stretcher and provides amazing plantar fasciitis relief.
SmartSole Exercise Insoles convert your everyday shoes and sneakers into toning shoes and relieve pressure on your hamstrings, joints & back. The built up arch support make these great insoles for flat feet and insoles for shin splints. and the gel insert in the heel strike absorbs shock and provides plantar fasciitis relief.